Thursday 13 November 2014

omracer's night out: A winter light parade.


Well then, this was a surprise night out after a home visit. customer wants a PC. But in a turn of events, it makes out an parade of lights was about to transpire in Plymouth, with the Christmas lights to be switched on and for many people, the Christmas shipping and shopping begins

Now the PC was a package in its own right, consisting of a spec of an i3-4330, 8gb ram, 1tb hdd, dvd drive, 500w psu in a standard case. But with an addition of windows 8.1, a Asus Geforce GT740 £2gb, a Samsung 22" 1080p VGA only screen l and the same keyboard and mouse settings that I bought, the nemesis Kane pro.

This cost £685 and £25 for me to set it up, which was by bus. Being happy as I am, I got it set up the day before and then by 3:45, I walked with a big box, (the same the kit from the supplier came in) and walked to the bus station. It wasn't too bad but my left hand was feeling a strain.
I was on the bus by 3:55 and after paying the usual £4.50 and finding a seat downstairs close by, I sat down and rested before this began.

The box on the bus 

The journey was quiet and I might of gotten there a bit too early but hey, its better to be earlier than later, it wasn't getting that dark yet either. I eventually got there about 4:25 and it was a tricky route to get to the place, but it was a really heavy box, my hands were losing grip but I made it with the things in one piece.

The box after i got out of the bus, time to deliver it to across the roundabout


After an hour and 30 minutes getting it setup and ready to go for them including steam, printers, Asus registration and printer wps joining. I left theirs at 6:15 and got to the bus stop I got off. Maybe early but it ends up the bus was 15 minutes late. Which annoyed me...

Waiting for the bus at 7:30ish



After a journey of lights and some minor stops on an 83 with no extra to pay (day rider), I was very close to my destination and I got off by the train station to make it easier. By then, it was covered in lights for the xmas festivities
Nearing town from the Train Station

A beautiful view of the chistmas tree


When I reached town, the lights were bright and it was looking like it should be later on in the month, but wondering around the lights and the sights was nice, even though I had to go for a piss first i might of see Sophie with her new man :/, but that was also a time to check my belt since I felt it digging into my skin. But once I sorted myself out, I was ready to explore, maybe though glass. I was strolling through parades, enjoying the lights, even seeing good cosplay of frozen characters and I mean the elsa cosplay had beautiful  cheeks, american accent if I can recall. 

The grotto and the frozen cosplayers

A view of the lights near the Sundial


The Sundail and the ice rink to the right

Looking towards the screen and ice rink

The Uni side of Drake's Circus and a Radio Stage next to it

Lookng at the entrance to Drake's Circus from the other End with more neon decor


Looking down at the mall in Drake's Circus

Another shot of the lights in Drake's Circus

Then the stalls were not as filled as I maybe thought, like the Christmas market hasn't started yet.
I followed the parade abd it ended by the fair opposite the screen. Its funny how the rides were having a design change. Terminator now became "Scrooge's revenge", but its every little change for the holidays.
Terminator rebranded as Scrooge's Revenge ???

Avalanche Walzter

Some of the lights and crowds at royal parade

Looking at the sundial from the ice rink
It was killing time and it was nearing 8 and I thought the mall was closing then, even though after that, places were still in full swing, I passed carphone warehouse, Emily smiled at me at one point, I wish that would be a win but I can't say it is. But maybe this season I can start to make the real effort with that amazing girl.
I even checked out the american sweet shop, I was very close to buying twinkies and a smile and a sensation inside when I worked out a whole box was 2,000 calories, that would be PERFECT BEDROOM PLAY FOOD. £12 is maybe a bit stepped but that's import plus vat plus cost. So I can understand that. Wandering down the bottom of town was ok but more chavs than the usual stuff. I was weary.

Eventually it was nearing to 8:15 and I decided to buy a subway, now this I needed to do due to the fact I have 387 left until 19/11/14 and then they expire, so buying a delicious footlong sub and drink for a £5 was decent.
The ham, bacon, gherkin, onion, tomato and sweet onion dressing sub on hearty Italian bread was just too good.

A tasty subway and drink for £5

A closer look in the other half of the footlong

Unsure why i had taken this but meh

It took about 15 minutes before I finished it, but before leaving I said about my sub card to the chap, he said it shouldn't expire, if it does he will sort it but I was from 387 to 437 so that's a bonus, even though its 600 points for a free 6" sub (on its own). Then it was a final stroll and piss before heading back to the bus. On the way back, someone said hi to me. But i can't remember who he was.
Low and behold, the bus was very close on time and it was packed, for the first time in months, I had someone else sit next to me, which was a meh approach, but it made me panic when it turns out glass was recording and oh shit it nearly burnt my hand and the battery died. I knew I should of switched it off....

After derriford the journey was getting less crowded, as I was tying this while listening to aquarium park act 3 and the like. But soon It was time to get off the bus and end a long day & a reasonable night.

Getting off at lidl by 9:47 is a good thing, less worry with a run home and even though the GPS didn't work as I hoped, it took 12 minutes to run on cycle paths and up a steep hill or two. But i got home and after a needed thing, I was relaxed and it was the night ended.